Gengar is a dark purple, bipedal Pokémon with a roundish body. It has red eyes and a wide mouth that is usually curled into a sinister grin. Multiple spikes cover its back, and it has large pointed ears. Its arms and legs are short with three digits on both its hands and feet. It also has a stubby tail.
Gengar is a very light, floaty character with a slow double-jump like Ness's or Lucas's. He is slow on the ground, but his air mobility is rivaled only by characters like Jigglypuff and Yoshi.
- Purple, red eyes
- Top half purple, bottom half red, red eyes
- Grey, red eyes
- Top half white, bottom half pink, pink eyes
- Top half white, bottom half pink, black eyes
- Blue, red eyes
- Black, red eyes
- Dark grey, white eyes
Entry Animation Edit
A Pokeball falls from the sky, and Gengar emerges from it.
Neutral B Edit
A Hadouken-like projectile that travels slowly through the air, damaging whoever it hits.
Up B Edit
Teleports in a direction chosen by moving the joystick.
Down B Edit
Counters an enemy attack with a powerful punch.
Side B Edit
A powerful chop that can be charged. Low damage to targets who are not defending, but heavy damage to targets who are shielding, countering, or using a move that reflects projectiles.
Final Smash Edit
Gengar sings a song. Any opponents in a wide radius from Gengar will get a perish count, meaning that after 5 seconds, those opponents are given 35% damage and are launched directly upwards.
- Jab: Punches thrice.
- Down Tilt: Slides across the ground.
- Up Tilt: Uppercuts, like Ryu's up smash.
- Forward Tilt: Performs a sweeping kick.
- Dash Attack: Cartwheels.
- Up Smash: Creates a burst of dark energy above its head. There is a small hitbox in front of it during startup.
- Down Smash: Breakdances.
- Forward Smash: Creates a burst of dark energy in front of itself.
- Up Air: Pushes upwards with both hands.
- Down Air: Kicks downwards with both feet. Meteor Smash.
- Forward Air: Chops forwards.
- Back Air: Chops behind self.
- Neutral Air: Spins around quickly.